Home-based, with a high degree of flexibility
Salary £45k – £50k plus benefits
Closes November 8th 2021
Partners in Change (“PiC”) is a rapidly growing business change consultancy whose mission is simple: to provide flexible, value-adding support to organisations of all shapes and sizes in their delivery of complex change. From the start we’ve delivered great work for our clients, attracting excellent feedback, and drawing a diverse, talented, highly committed range of permanent partners and associates.
We continue to face into growing demand for our support, with three main drivers: the exceptional blend of experience and quality our delivery team brings; a flexible delivery and commercial model that offers great value and affordability; and the way we build mutually beneficial partnerships with our customers and delivery partners.
Given this demand we now have a requirement for a Commercial Manager to further develop the commercial management capability of the company, providing reliable and robust management and delivery of commercial agreements; improving timeliness and consistency; and ensuring ongoing adherence to, and alignment with, the wider legislative operating environment for our business.
The role also offers opportunities to be involved in other exciting areas of the growing business, including managing small internal projects, and business management support.
The role will require an individual to have a sound knowledge of most aspects of business and commercial operations, ideally in a Business Consulting or professional service environment, and will give the opportunity to develop and learn about all operational aspects of Partners in Change.
The role will report into one of the Business Owners.
Why will you want to join us?
- We are a vibrant, growing business, offering unusual opportunities to get involved from the early days with a business that is going places: you will be able to make a real, visible, immediate difference.
- We are good people: we have great values and principles.
- It’s exciting: there’s always lots going on; plenty of opportunity to learn, try things, and grow. It’s not just about what you can already do, it’s about the things you haven’t yet done, but are going to do, that will make a real difference to our people, partners and clients.
- We encourage flexible working, striking a good balance between getting things done and delivering promises, and ensuring work exists alongside the other important parts of our lives.
What will you be doing?
The main focus of the PiC Commercial Manager role is contract and commercial management, with three further areas of support required in relation to: managing small projects; providing support to other areas of the business; and helping to manage the PiC communications plan. As such, you will be responsible for:
- Owning and managing the end-to-end PiC contracting process and coordination of its operation.
- Preparing third party contracts with Strategic Partners, Delivery Partners, Associate Partners and others, explaining their terms and conditions to interested parties and providing in-life contract management support.
- Providing service support to PiC Delivery Directors in the preparation of Client contracts and commercials.
- Supporting the negotiation of contract terms with all third parties.
- Reviewing compliance with employment contracts.
- Maintaining centralised records of all third-party contracts in a secure manner.
- Supporting Finance in ensuring that commercial responsibilities and liabilities upon PiC are understood and effected.
- Identifying, managing and reporting on key commercial / legal risks.
- Monitoring the legislative landscape to help the business remain current on contractual and commercials standards and terms.
- Managing the evolution of PiC’s commercial terms in line with business plan, priorities and the legislative landscape.
- Undertaking and supporting strategic or tactical project work, across a wide range of internal topics, seeking support from others as required.
- Planning, organising, reporting, and engaging on project activity in line with PiC’s established management and continuous improvement rhythms.
- Providing executive level support to the Business Owners in the production of input and output materials for PiC governance and external client meetings as required.
- Producing and reporting of PiC monthly performance scorecard.
- Supporting the management and delivery of internal communications.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience within a procurement / commercial or contract management or senior support role helping to bring efficient, compliant commercial control.
- Experience of working in a Business Consultancy / professional services environment.
- Experience of dealing diligently and carefully with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- A demonstrably high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Application of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve business problems efficiently and effectively and add value.
- Experience of managing, producing, and delivering, a range of communications materials, events and activities, in line with supporting business performance.
- Experience of helping to manage and improve administration in a growing, or mature, business.
- A resilient, calm, confident and adaptable personality,
Knowledge and skills that you will need for the role:
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved in preparing contracts.
- Diligent in document record-keeping and maintenance of audit trails.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and work under pressure and ultimately ensure tasks are successfully completed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office applications, particularly MS-Word; MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision but knows when to ask for guidance.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and varying levels of seniority.
- Enthusiasm – for the role and for PiC’s ambition and direction.
- Energy – keeps going and gets things done.
- A willingness to learn as the role develops.
- Boldness coupled with sound decision-making: willingness to take measured risks; knowing when to ask.
- Being a team player and collaborative. Works with others and looks for the bigger picture.
- Flexible and responsive to the business and customer needs.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Proactive: being self-motivated and a self-starter.
- A driving licence to be able to travel in the North of England to meet the Business Owners and support national team events as required.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary in the region of £45k – £50k dependent on experience.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Pension contribution of 4%.
- Private Healthcare.
- 25 days paid holiday per year.
- Full-time or potentially part-time (minimum 0.5 FTE) – working flexibly.
- Remote working (this may move to some on-site over time). There will be a requirement to meet somewhere along the M62 / M61 corridor about two or three times per month.
Closing date for applications is MONDAY 8th NOVEMBER 2021
If you wish to apply, complete the form at the bottom of the Join Us page, uploading your CV and a covering letter.